IPlotz has potential but there are problems
This problem has been fixed.
Hello, I used iPlotz for the first time to work on a new web design project and while I found there were good time-saving features and I loved the auto save, I found the issues and quirks with iPlotz extremely frustrating. I don't think I'll be using it again anytime soon to be honest. Here were some problems I encountered.
Reply to this
I have the same problem
1 Person reported this problem
1. iPlotz doesn't seem to react fast enough. When I clicked an item to modify it, it would move it as well. This didn't happen all the time but about 15% of the time and it became infuriating.
2. Scroll doesn't work. I would like to use my mouse scroll to move up and down the wireframe but it didn't work.
3. It lost my files. After working for hours on three wireframes it duplicated the home page and overwrote an interior page. One of the master pages completely lost all of its information.
4. The history button doesn't seem to do anything. I was really hoping after all of that auto saving I would have been able to retrieve the data lost from the master, but no.
5. I could only share one wireframe at a time. Which seems bizarre especially when you link from one to the other.
It would be great if you could attach more than one master to a sitemap. Like different headers, different sidebars, etc.
I wish I could say my experience was better and reading my email I feel like I didn't know what I was doing but I've been doing web design for 9 years so I'd like to think I'm not nearly as incompetent as I feel after using iPlotz. Maybe the paid version is better but if so it's not really a good introduction.
Girish R replied 4 Years ago
Regarding you issues,
1. We are working on a fix for this.
2. Nor sure what you mean here. Are you trying to move drawing area with the mouse scroll? 'Cos that does work scrolling the drawing area up and down.
3. This is a thing we have taken care off by adding the Version History option. This is the 10th icon in the top toolbar as shown in the image below
4.The history button shows the history of action for that page. This is attached to the property window and the window needs to be restored to see this.
5. The sharing work like a browsable wireframe. The idea is to link up the wireframed using the link controls.
Regarding multiple master, we are working on this using a different approach. In master the user would be able to specify the alignment of dirrent components so that they stay fixed, like a footer will always stick to the bottom of the page no matter what the size of the page is. So one single master page can accodomodate multiple page objects.